Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

SOLD Special Edition Handwerken Zonder Grenzen 1998 * £16 €24 $50 Including Shipping

I thought long and hard about relinquishing this edition of Handwerken Zonder Grenzen because it is the best issue ever produced and has 5 wonderful cross-stitch designs as well as other patterns for weaving, whitework and knitting. I wanted more than anything that this edition should be preserved in an appreciative home - hence the price.
This was the edition that introduced me to the wonders and interests of Amager embroidery and history and compared it to the history of Marken embroidery in the Netherlands.
The text, of course, is in Dutch, but that is no hindrance at all to the working of the charts.
And here you can see something of what I mean about this being the most reassure packed magazine ever produced.
The interchangeability of cross-stitch, weaving and knitting is never more clearly illustrated than in this bed hanging of the creation which you can see bottom right in the page beneath.
And not only all that - but this edition has a lovely article on Bridegroom's shirts! I repeat, this is a rare treasure and the magazine is in near perfect condition except for the little dog ear which you can see top right on the front cover - forgive me - I have loved this magazine so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment