Pages

Saturday 15 January 2011

A Too-Well Kept Secret Source of Needlework Books that Raises Money for Charity

I do find needlework books from many sources, but whenever I am travelling you will always find me hunting throught the bookshelves in Oxfam Charity Shops. They are a source of unexpected finds and treasures and the wonderful thing is that you know your money is going to help very poor people. If you are out and about in the UK, do ask on the High Street wherever you are for the nearest Oxfam Bookshop or Oxfam Shop and you will be in for a pleasant hour of browsing. If that is not possible for you then you can visit all the shops in one go on-line simply by clicking here. These are just some of the books I found this afternoon. Have Fun! Be Humankind!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever i`m in England, I love to browse the charity shops. Oxfam, Salvation Army, and one that was dedicated to raise funds for cats (I think that one was in Lincolnshire somewhere, possibly Market Rasen...?)

    I haven`t found any books, but lots of little odds and ends...tea towels, small boxes, etc. What fun!

    ReplyDelete