Pages

Saturday 31 October 2009

Mary Wigham Finish by Head Girl in Japan

Saho-san, Head Girl in Japan, has sensitively chosen such a clever and gentle palette of colours that speaks volumes about her. Many will remember seeing Saho-san's Japanese squirrel in the early days of the project. Saho-san says, 'My Mary was stitched on 40ct Lakeside Linens Luna, and Vikki Clayton silks. The project was a challenge for me: it was actually the first time I stitched on 40ct, first time to use silks, and first time to stitch a reproduction sampler, and first time to stitch a large Quaker project! And what a joy it has been! Participating in this Mary Wigham SAL was truly an epoch in my life, and such an exciting adventure. I enjoyed every step of it, from planning and choosing the fabrics to fibers, pondering over the colors in each motif. I felt myself being "freed", to draw out the creative part of myself, and to have fun in doing so, instead of just following the chart and directions, as I always used to do. What is even more wonderful was working as Japanese Head Girl. It gave me a chance to get acquainted with the stitchers in my own country. Each e-mail and comment I got is a treasure to me. It is nothing short of a miracle that I am pulling through; even if it looks as if I am the "Head", it is actually myself who is being guided through this journey of discovery, with many inspirations, brand new ideas, encouragements and such kind words.'
I am touched by Saho-san' kindness in incorporating my initials and the little Quaker Needleprint logo.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sampler you have made. Your subtle color palette is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours and stitching are very beautiful Saho-san. You should be very proud of your Mary. What a lovely idea putting Jacquelines initials on it!

    ReplyDelete