Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Spotlight on Tullie House Museum, Carlisle


Tullie House Museum is just a short step away from the imposing red sandstone cathedral in one direction and Carlisle's fortress in the other. Housed in an extended Jacobean mansion, the museum has modern facilities and is a lovely place to visit. There are textiles and costumes on open display but to visit the 34 quilts and 64 samplers you will need to be a member of group and to have made a prior appointment since staffing - as in virtually all museums - is never sufficient to allow personal visits. There is an attractive brochure on the quilt collection which can be bought on-line for £4.95 - click here to view more details.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding my blog. Yes Sarah Moon is such a beautiful sampler. I fell in love with her when she first came out. I am so glad that I finished her. She looks lovely hanging in one of our bedrooms. I hung her in this particular room for my DIL as she loves it. - Sandra.

    ReplyDelete