Pages

Thursday 28 May 2009

Mary Wigham SAL Update

I have had news from the Bursar at Ackworth that the PAYPAL buttons for donations to the school will be ready on Monday. (Sorry I was unclear yesterday)
Thinking ahead you may want to chose your linen and thread. The original was stitched on an unevenweave which approximated 45 threads to the inch. To be as all inclusive as possible we are suggesting 32 count Permin Lambswool stitched over 2 threads and you will need 24" x 24" or 60cm x 60 cm of linen. (The design area will be approximately 20" x 20" - 50cm x 50cm.) If you are able to stitch smaller, then please do. Mary's sampler is approximately 13" by 12.5" - 33cm x 31.5cm. The stitch count is approximately 300 stitches by 290. I'll be back to you with threads tomorrow. I know some of you would like to stitch this as a monochrome and that will add lovely variety to our SAL. The original colours are bright - not exactly the palette of colours we term Quaker today! Again feel free to change the colours if you wish or use a different range of threads. If there is anyone in Japan, Spain, France or Portugal who is stitching and would like to volunteer as country co-ordinator, please email me.

13 comments:

  1. I'm very excited about this SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a few girls from Spain looking forward for this Sal, can you tell me how much money "pretty much" is correctly to donate please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt, this SAL is going to be an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget that last comment Jacqueline - I've now realised it's the PayPal buttons you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gracias por la informaciĆ³n. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jacqueline.

    I ordered my linen yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline - I'm so glad you posted the stitch count - I have a lovely piece of Lakeside Linen in a new color that will be perfect for Mary. I hope it is charted for Soie D'Alger and I am anxious to do the bright colors just like she did. thanks for all your careful attention and generosity on setting up this SAL. Cheers! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only recently discovered this blog and I absolutely love it! Seeing all of these wonderful stitchings just lifts my spirits! I can't wait to participate in this SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this gorgeous design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to start this SAL with stitching friends from around the world! I'm already collecting thread colors.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for this lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jacqueline,

    If I chose to stitch over one thread on 32-count, would you recommend using one or two strands of floss?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited and very appreciative of this wonderful opportunity:) I've already joined the USA SAL! I'm thinking 32ct. over 1 also!
    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete