Pages

Saturday 9 May 2009

Free Chart Download - A Little Pretty Pin-ball

There was a great vogue in the 18th century for stitching monochrome engravings taken out of illustrated books. Here is a free chart for you to download to try this for yourself. This is taken from John Newberry's book we saw earlier on this week - A Little Pretty Pocket Book - the first book expressly for children published in 1744. Margaret tells us that there is now a Newberry Medal awarded for children's literature. Try this in a shade-dyed dark grey - or if you would like to be very brave - ecru on a dark chocolate linen would look marvellous!

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for all of the free designs that you have been giving us--they are a real joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you like these - I always complain that I don't have as much time as I would like to stitch - and now it is wonderful - I know I am stitching in company and I must finish something to show you!

    ReplyDelete