Pages

Saturday 23 May 2009

Beautiful Stitching by Rie Ariga of Japan


Some of you may know the Ackworth School Photo Frame which was featured in Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly in Spring 2007 (Volume 46). Unfortunately, the frame was entirely remade for their photo shoot and you didn't see the very beautiful original stitched by Rie herself. She was a little disappointed. Well, I think maybe now is the time for you to have the chance to see it. Rie - I hope the wind blows gently in your sails - you are in our thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is simply gorgeous!!! Have to dig through my issues for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just gorgeous! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just bought Rebecca Blake's Sampler chart, and saw about this frame. I'd really like to make it (or very similar to it) for a friend for her wedding, and I checked with the publisher's website of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly and they didn't seem to have that issue available to buy. Any ideas of where to get it? I mostly am unsure about how to make the frame after stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern and making instructions are in SANQ Spring 2007 and I see that this is not available as a back issue so I'll contact Elizabeth Pugh after the holiday and see what we can do to help you.

    ReplyDelete